Sunday 17 March 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I hope that you all had a lovely Sunday.  I don't think I've ever posted on a Sunday before.  It is a day of rest after all.  I always feel extra lazy on Sunday and my Husband always feels like cleaning and doing laundry and being responsible.
Lego Leprechaun! 4 leaf clover stamping!

Today is St. Patrick's Day and last night I saw people dressed in green going out for drinks.  I can't say that it is something that I've ever done, but whatever.  I never could understand the whole drinking heavily because you are Irish thing.  It seems kind of mean to Irish people if  North Americans celebrate one of their holidays by drinking.  It's not even about that! In Ireland they would probably just go to church and hang out with their families (It is a religious Holiday after all!). Here it seems more like celebrating stereotypes of Irish people : ( You can enjoy a pint of Irish stout like Guinness, but please be responsible!

St. Paddy's nails: green, Irish flag, gold and brown and cream to look like a pint of Guinness!

 
From R to L: Revlon Hot for Cocoa, the head of the stout was made with Joe Fresh Plaster, for the gold middle finger I used Sally Hansen Golden I and Color Club Gingerbread, for the flag I used Sally Hansen White Out, Rimmel Tequila Sunrise and Revlon Posh, for the emerald finger I used Sally Hansen Groovy Green topped with Love and Beauty Green Glitter (wow the amount of thought that went into that name!)
Bonus nail design I wore earlier in the week: Love and Beauty Bronze (gorgeous shimmery rose gold) and Orly Holla.  I wanted really obnoxious nails!

 Well I must get to bed.  I'm exhausted from the technical difficulties I had today (it took forever to post this because my photos weren't uploading). Also I start work tomorrow! Yay I'm employed again!  I guess some of the luck of the Irish rubbed off on me!
-A.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment